To be eligible to vote in Tennessee:
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must be (18) years of age or older on or before the date of the next election.
- You must be a resident of Washington County, Tennessee.
- If you have been convicted of a felony, your eligibility to register and vote depends upon the crime you were convicted of and the date of your conviction.*
* If your conviction made you ineligible, you may regain your eligibility if your conviction has been expunged or if you have had your voting rights restored, unless you were convicted of a crime that rendered you permanently ineligible to vote. Click here for more information about Restoration of Voting Rights
Register Online: Click here for online voter registration
Register via our office:
Click here for a printable registration form
Bring or mail your registration forms to:
Washington County Election Commission
100 E Main St.
Jonesborough, TN 37659
You may also pick up applications at the following locations:
- County Clerk’s Office
- Public Library
- Register of Deeds Office
You may also register during a transaction with one of the following agencies:
- Department of Health (WIC program)
- Department of Human Services
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Department of Mental Health
- Department of Safety (Motor Vehicles Division)
- Department of Veteran’s Affairs
Already registered, but need to change your address?
If you are already registered in Washington County and you move within the county, you will need to change your address with us.