To be eligible to vote in Tennessee:
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must be (18) years of age or older on or before the date of the next election.
- You must be a resident of Washington County, Tennessee.
- If you have been convicted of a felony, your eligibility to register and vote depends upon the crime you were convicted of and the date of your conviction.*
* If your conviction made you ineligible, you may regain your eligibility if your conviction has been expunged or if you have had your voting rights restored, unless you were convicted of a crime that rendered you permanently ineligible to vote. Click here for more information about Restoration of Voting Rights
Register Online: Click here for online voter registration
Register via our office:
Bring or mail your registration forms to:
Washington County Election Commission
100 E Main St.
Jonesborough, TN 37659
You may also pick up applications at the following locations:
- County Clerk’s Office
- Public Library
- Register of Deeds Office
You may also register during a transaction with one of the following agencies:
- Department of Health (WIC program)
- Department of Human Services
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Department of Mental Health
- Department of Safety (Motor Vehicles Division)
- Department of Veteran’s Affairs